October 6, 2015

10/5/15 - Last Transfer! WHAT?!

This past week was transfers and I cannot believe I am on my last transfer! Time has gone too fast! Sister Jo was moving so we spent most the week cleaning, packing, saying goodbye. Monday was both her birthday and P-day so we rode some elephants through rivers, went to some waterfalls and got really lost in the forest in the pouring rain. I felt like I was on Survivor or Man vs. Wild. Transfer meeting was so much fun as I love going and seeing all my friends! These friends I have made throughout my mission will be my friends forever. I will miss Sister Jo and my new companion is Sister Nittya! She is 25 years old and a member of 2 years from Sisaket, Thailand and very sweet! That was my first area when I first got to Thailand.

We got back to our area on Friday and started working hard right away! We visited almost 20 houses that day, including a lot of the RC's who were baptized last transfer. We are going to work really hard on keeping these 9 who were baptized last transfer really strong! I have LOVED seeing their faith grow. They have completely changed, even the children. Speaking of children, on Sunday I was sitting in between First, Luugii, Kanun, Fara and Skii, I felt like such a mom, leaning over every couple minutes telling them to be quiet. At church I felt an overwhelming peace come over me as I looked out at who was in the congregation. Seven of the LA's that we have been working with were at church and 4 of them received new callings! Also every single person who was baptized last transfer was there. It was just such a tender mercy to see all these people trying to keep their commitment to Him.

It has been stressful these past couple days trying to find new people to teach but in those hard moments God was always there to perform a miracle and lift us. Saturday almost all of our investigators who were promising said they were too busy with life to learn. We decided to go visit some LA's. I had a feeling to go visit Sister Chaluie. When we got to her house I called her and before I could say anything, she said, "Sister, can you come see me?" She said she was back in the city so we went back to the city to find her. We found her in this little dump yard sitting on a stool with her old friend. This friend wanted us to teach her which was so amazing!!! An LA that we have been working with and helping come back to church felt Lehi's desire to share the gospel!! This little miracle really lifted our spirits. It was just another testimony to me that God will never leave us alone without out sending help, love and comfort—when we ask for it. And then we taught her the plan of salvation. I have taught the plan of salvation a 1000 times on my mission but this time while I was testifying to these 2 women, whose family lives are literally falling apart piece by piece, I felt different. Like I was helping put the pieces back together by simply stating what I know to be true!!! I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation! I know without a doubt in my heart that God sent his son, Jesus Christ, to come atone for our sins so that we can be with him and our families together forever! I know that these 2 woman, who have lost children and grandchildren and husbands will see their loved ones again. Because I know this I feel SO much stronger and passionate about sharing this gospel. Giving people the hope they need and CAN have. Warning people of what they need to do. It is so important. "O how great the plan of our God! And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam. And he suffereth this that the resurrection might pass upon all men, that all might stand before him at the great and judgment day. And he commandeth all men that they must repent, and be baptized in his name, having perfect faith in the Holy One of Israel, or they cannot be saved in the kingdom of God."
So the house we live in now has major problems and is so gross. It is one of the worst in the mission! Lots of bugs, mold, holes in the ceiling and floors etc. On the upside it is much nicer than most of the Thai people’s homes!! The other day the shower broke, (my companion showers like a Thai person and uses the bucket of water) but…I just can't do that! So as I was trying to fix the shower 10-15 HUGE bugs that happen to be poisonous came out of the floor. At this point I decided to just call someone to come fix it! My companion was just sitting there laughing at me! Ahhh, good times in the Bangkok Thailand mission.

During the transfer meeting, I really LOVED Sister Johnson’s message about happiness. This is one of my favorite topics! We have every reason to be happy! If we are going through trials we should be happy that we are learning something and getting an opportunity to rely on God. When good things come into our lives we should be happy that God is so merciful to us and gives us blessings! There is no reason to not be happy!! "As you seek to be happy, remember that the only way to real happiness is to live the gospel of Jesus Christ. You will find peace and eternal happiness as you strive to keep the commandments." So my advice to all my family and friends is to keep the commandments and BE HAPPPPY!

Have a good week! LOVE YOU ALL I’m excited to watch conference!
- Sister Herrmann

Our P-day was awesome! Elephant riding! 
The rain is ridiculous here! It POURS!
My obsession with cats and ice cream is real!
Staying in Bangkok with Sister Brown and Nethercott- and we got locked out! 
Showed up to transfer meeting wearing the same dress as Sister Alley
My new companion, Sister Nittya.
I love sister Kwan!
Giving Fara and Skii their new Book of Mormon and baptism picture
Making my favorite Thai snack at Sister Pat's hair salon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment