November 9, 2015

11/9/15 - Forever Changed!! Last letter... see you in America peeps!

Please join us for Sister Tessa Herrmann's mission homecoming on Sunday, December 13th at 800 East 1200 North in Orem at 9:00 am.
*********************************************************************
God is good!!! This past week God helped me have the perfect ending of my mission. I was really worried that the week would be really stressful but it was probably the most peaceful, stress free week of my whole mission. I got to meet with so many of the people I love and share the message that I love most. Every single lesson was just an overwhelming testimony to me that God loves all his children. I also felt a deeper understanding for the first and great commandment, “Love thy god with all thy heart, might, mind and strength.” I have seen so many people change their lives because of their love for God....because of it they receive strength beyond their own. For example, our Grandma Daw who can't really see and has no money to buy glasses, still reads the scriptures every night, even though it takes her 30 minutes to get through a verse. She told us that she doesn't get tired until after reading. "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." I am a witness that this scripture is true. Before my mission I didn't really understand this. But now I get it. The more we love God, the more you see him work in your life and the lives of others. I have seen this up close and personal! IT’S TRUE!

I never thought this time would actually come. I have been trying to soak in every last minute--the bike riding, the duk duks, speaking Thai, eating Thai food, the culture, the members, teaching, inviting, wearing Christ’s name on my chest, testifying, everything. It’s crazy how fast the time flies when you are in the service of your God. These past 18 months have meant everything to me, my life will never be the same. I am forever changed.

"And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell?
Behold, I answer for you for our brethren, the {
khon Thai} were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.
Behold, thousands of them do rejoice, and have been brought into the fold of God.
But behold, they are in the hands of the Lord of the harvest, and they are his and he will raise them up at the last day."


I am eternally grateful for my mission and ready to be a disciple forever. I went to the land of the smiles and lived my best 18 months!
- Sister Herrmann

No comments:

Post a Comment