October 7, 2014

10/6/14 - I love the members here and never want to leave

{If you have not seen this video, check it out now! It shows Tessa being a missionary and speaking Thai in Sisaket! LINK: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=819433018088982&set=vb.335601019805520&type=2&theater }

Hello everyone! I don't have much to say this week since it was pretty normal and nothing too out of the ordinary happened. But it was still such a great week and we taught so many lessons! We just went from one lesson to another! We spent a lot of time with less actives and recent converts! A lot of our visits were at their houses and they literally live out in the boonies so we got a good work out. My heart just aches for them! I just love them so much and just want to help them understand that the gospel is the solution to every problem! They live in so much poverty and work so hard and have forgotten the purpose of this life to prepare to meet God. We have this one less active whose mom knows all about the church and told us she knows God is real and loves the LDS church but won't leave behind her Buddhist ways. It literally kills me! There is lots of heartache as a missionary but also a lot of LOVE.

This week whenever we finished teaching a lessons some person we saw on the street would just randomly show up right as we were about to leave...what a miracle! We had this lesson that was amazing, well they were all amazing, but this one was special! We taught Sister Rakdii about temples and she was so filled with the spirit! She said so boldly, "I am going there, what a blessing it is to have eternal life"! So our investigators that were going to get baptized this week didn't because they had a conflict with a required school activity. It is ok because they will get baptized next week for sure!! Also, we have like 5 investigators that want to be baptized but are 13 so they need to come to church for 3 months before they can get baptized! I love all 15 of my investigators so much! I have come to know that if you forget your self and throw yourself into the work of helping others you become truly happy!!

So at the end of the night we have to call all of our investigators and potentials which takes forever. I have gotten pretty good at calling people and riding my bike at the same time! (Haha, don't worry Dad, I only did that once!) One day we were riding our bikes to go contact and I saw a pig! I jumped off my bike with my helmet still on and started chasing it trying to catch it! All of a sudden a dog comes out of nowhere and started chasing me. I ran away screaming like a crazy person! The people around were laughing so hard! I bet it looked really weird. The dogs here are vicious and they will bite you so I was pretty freaked out!

I really love the members here and never want to leave them!! They have taught me so much about love and service! This week I have been noticing how hard Satan is working to get us all. I was reading in Alma 30:53 about Korihor.  53 But behold, the devil hath deceived me; for he appeared unto me in the form of an angel, and said unto me: Go and reclaim this people, for they have all gone astray after an unknown God. And he said unto me: There is no God; yea, and he taught me that which I should say. And I have taught his words; and I taught them because they were pleasing unto the carnal mind; and I taught them, even until I had much success, insomuch that I verily believed that they were true; and for this cause I withstood the truth, even until I have brought this great curse upon me. The devil deceives us and it is hard to resist because it's what the natural man wants. He deceives us until we believe bad is good and he is so good at making bad things seem good! He knows exactly how to make us justify our actions (D&C 10: 25-27)  25 Yea, he saith unto them: Deceive and lie in wait to catch, that ye may destroy; behold, this is no harm. And thus he flattereth them, and telleth them that it is no sin to lie that they may catch a man in a lie, that they may destroy him.  26 And thus he flattereth them, and leadeth them along until he draggeth their souls down to hell; and thus he causeth them to catch themselves in their own snare.  27 And thus he goeth up and down, to and fro in the earth, seeking to destroy the souls of men.

I started to evaluate my life to see how Satan messes with me. He says, "you did an hour and 55 minutes (instead of 2 hours) of contacting, you’re good!" or "you were up late last night finishing records, so it's ok if you sleep in an extra 5 minutes!" "No harm.." No no no no, we must resist the temptations of the devil or else he will capture our souls slowly but surely! We need to start recognizing the justifications, the natural man, our temptations. Then we need to pray with all our might to overcome those temptations! He is working so hard BUT righteousness overcomes evil. ANYONE can over power the devil with Christ!

I was also studying humility. This attribute is everything.  15 Yea, he that truly humbleth himself, and repenteth of his sins, and endureth to the end, the same shall be blessed—yea, much more blessed than they who are compelled to be humble because of their exceeding poverty. It is turning to Christ…relying on him. Trusting his will. If we do not humble ourselves, God will humble us. We need to turn over our pride and give everything to the Lord. I was also studying the talk "The Fourth Missionary". It was so good! We need to align our will with His will! When we want what he wants everything falls into place. Now this is not an easy thing to do, it something you have to work at!

I am so excited for Conference! I have to be honest…I was a little sad about missing watching it with you guys and having all of our traditions but it is OK because I will watch it next week. At Church yesterday we sung, “There is Sunshine in my Soul Today” and it reminded me of when we would sing it while tubing at Lake Powell over the years! Good times!

I love this church so much!! I love my Savior so much! I am so grateful for my mission! I can already see myself changing and growing closer to the Lord. Love you all!

- Sister Tessa Herrmann
I love my new skirt and of course had a mini-photoshoot :)
Chasing a pig
Getting some numbers
Running and inviting... 
Some of my favorite people in the world. I hope to never leave them! 
After dance practice
My hair is getting light
Our favorite Cambo got baptized! 

No comments:

Post a Comment