August 26, 2015

8/24/15 - KORAT!

Shout out to the best dog ever, Moki, who is now in doggy heaven. I am going to miss her so much but I know she is not suffering anymore and is much happier. I also heard about my friend Rachel who passed away last night after her heroic battle with brain cancer. I am so sad but happy that she is free. I will miss her.

Well, I got transferred to Korat!! It has been a crazy and fun week and really busy with packing and goodbyes and hellos. Brother Ken got baptized! He was baptized on Saturday and he couldn't be happier! I am so happy for him! Talk about life changing!

The 3 days I have been in Korat have been amazing! President told me that Korat needed me but I am 100% sure that I NEED Korat! My companion is Sister Jo from Colorado. She has been out about 10 months and is amazing and such a hard worker, which makes missionary work so much more fun! The members are all so welcoming and nice and the work is just heavy which I LOVE! We have LOTS of investigators and people to work with. This place is going to BLOW UP (spiritually)!

We have taught a bunch of lessons where the Spirit was SO strong. I feel like every lesson we teach has been blessed and we walk out feeling one step closer to heaven. We have had so many miracles, I don't even know where to start! There are so many prepared people here in Korat. My heart just keeps expanding with love! We have this investigator named Gan who came searching for the church. We found out she drinks coffee regularly and so we challenged her to fast to help her stop and the first thing she said was, "Can I start my fast tonight? I want to quite as fast as possible if it is a commandment of God!" There is this neighborhood here that is just filled with investigators. We went and visited a bunch of them and randomly saw an investigator who didn't answer her phone. She took us to her house and at first she was sad and tired looking but by the end of the lesson the Spirit completely changed her. You could see it in her eyes that she wanted nothing more than the atonement to change her life. In her prayer she thanked God that we were in the right place at the right time. There is this amazing RC who is in her 50's and is basically a missionary. She invites everyone to church. She called us Saturday and wanted us to come visit this 70 year old man she met at the market. We went over to his house and taught him, Jenny, and also invited the motorcycle driver to join us. The room was just filled with the Spirit. When we bore our testimony of Jesus Christ the motorcycle guy looks over at me and whispers, "REALLY?!?!... wow." We are also teaching this cute man who is paralyzed from the waist down because he wants to know why we are so happy. I could go on and on about how many amazing things are happing here in Korat but it would take me all day!

When I got to Korat I thought I was really out of shape because I was going so slow on my bike. One day I got off my bike to check it and my tire was completely flat. I pumped it up but 2 hours later it was flat again. It was about 7PM and we HAD to go visit someone. I pumped it up again but on the way home from that lesson it was completely flat. We had to get home before 9! I planned to just go pump it up real fast but when I got to the bike place the guy started taking my bike apart and fixing it. It was a scary place but as I sat there with my helmet in my hands sitting on the stool, I started teaching the man fixing my bike about Jesus Christ. Wearing Christ’s name on my chest, I felt we were blessed with his power as we sat there surrounded by drunk scary people. We made it home at 9PM!

This week I was studying a lot about the life of Peter! In the bible dictionary it says Peter was one of the greatest of men. It is true that the New Testament recounts some mortal weaknesses, but it also illustrates that he overcame them and was made strong by his faith in Jesus Christ. Even Peter, the great prophet, had weaknesses. I realized that we are all on the path to perfection. So how do we progress, change, and move toward that goal more every day? It is through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement but along with that faith we must act. Perfection and change don't come if we just sit and believe. We have to do something, "By grace we are saved after all we can do", "faith without works is dead". So this week my companion and I have set a vision of what we want this transfer to be and from there set a bunch of goals to help us achieve our vision. I know that if we have a plan of action to progress, change, and help others, miracles happen! I have seen it so many times! If we fall short we apply the atonement, repent, and get up and work at it again. There is never a “too late”. There is no sin, weakness, failure that is too big for the grace of God. So we need to use it!!!! Use the gift that Christ has given us. Set the vision of what we want to do, what we want to become and then go and DO!

Have a good week everyone!
Sister Herrmann

PS Lots of bombs going off in Thailand. #prayforthailand
PSS I was told by many my house here is haunted. I think Heavenly Father wants me to overcome my fears!

Teaching English class! Im really going to miss those kids!
Gooodbye Ubon!
Sister Jo!

No comments:

Post a Comment