May 13, 2015

5/11/15 - “I am a missionary in Thailand moment"

I just finished skyping my family and it was the best! I love them so much!!! I am just so grateful for my family! Talking with them made me so happy that I am here in Thailand to give the people here the thing that makes my family so happy—the gospel and eternal covenants! ALSO, shout out to my mom! Happy Mothers Day!! She is the best ever!

This past week was a good one and made me want to never stop being a missionary! The world is a scary place and my heart aches for the people we taught! We meet with a couple of less actives who are about to give up the fight and their testimony of Jesus Christ. It is the most heart wrenching thing ever to see people fall for Satan’s lies! BUT then I hear these people pray and I feel such a sense of hope! We taught this lady from the Philippines who is basically homeless and stuck in Thailand because of some unfortunate events. We met with her and she said, "Sisters I have nothing--no food, no clothes, no money, nothing... besides God. Please help me grow my faith in Christ because right now that is all I have." When she prayed she didn't just pray, she yearned, pleaded, cried to her Father in Heaven. We were all crying but at the same time we felt so hopeful. We just all knew that help is around the corner! It reminds me of the scripture in Alma 5, "notwithstanding a shepherd hath called after you and is still calling after you." He is always there no matter how deep in despair we are. Even with seeing all these people go through such hard times, I know that the Lord will take care of them! Alma 26:7, “But behold, they are in the hands of the Lord of the harvest, and they are his; and he will raise them up at the last day."

This week we had a baptism! It was our recent convert Sister An’s friend!!! She was so excited and happy to be clean!!! It was exciting! It is crazy how every baptism we have is so so special!! We also had a miracle. We were kind of struggling with investigators at church and about 15 minutes after talking about it we saw this man who looked familiar and we decided to go talk to him. He had never learned before but had been to church 3 times! Over time we introduced the gospel and then invited him to be baptized! He said, "I need this." That is basically it! He has a date for next week! We ended up giving him to the Elders to teach but we are so excited for him! It really was a miracle!

A couple of fun things that happened this week--we had an inviting activity where the whole ward went out inviting with us! We made a huge sign and sang songs and just had a blast!! It was a lot of fun and the Spirit was so strong! We also had an “I am a missionary in Thailand" moment! We were eating lunch and had to run to the church for an appointment! Right before we left it started to POUR rain!!! But that didn't stop us! The owners of the little shop gave us plastic bags to cover our heads and we were off. We rode our bikes basically blind looking like idiots! We were laughing so hard!

I love Thailand. I love the Lord. I love his restored gospel. I am so so so so blessed to have been called to represent him in the Thailand Bangkok Mission! Well there are so many things that I could talk about but I have to go เที่ยว. I love you all! Have an amazing week! DON'T FORGET TO PRAY! CTR! WWJD!!!

Love, Sister Herrmann

P.S. I am so sorry to hear about Sister Moss. She was always so kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment