May 5, 2015

5/4/15 - Talk to everyone!

This week has been really good! Every day I see the hand of the Lord working in the lives of my investigators! We have recently changed the way we do our contacting. We use to contact only during our 2 hour scheduled time, and now we contact everywhere! Last Monday on our way to FHE we took 2 song-tows and a bus and contacted the whole way. We were able to get a bunch of numbers! We really have to take that quote in PMG, "talk to everyone", literally! I LOVE IT!

This week I have been so impressed with all of my RC's!! They amaze me! On Tuesday we walked into the church right before English class and our RC, Sister Gung started freaking out and pointing to her friend! She said, "Sisters! I brought my friend to learn the gospel, will you teach him!?" And then the next day we were teaching Sister An and we mentioned to her, “Hey, maybe you could bring one of your friends to meet with us!" An hour later she shows up with a friend ready to learn the gospel! Now, the girl she brought has a baptismal date that she is so excited for! She called me last night and said, "I 100% want to get baptized on the 17th, I felt SO good at Church!!!" I was amazed at her faith!!

This week there was a youth activity and a single adult activity. For their activities they just go down to a private island and go snorkeling and then go play with elephants! They asked me what I did for my activities in America and I told them how we get to do a “cool sewing marathon and bake cookies”! Most of our RC's went to the ward activities and really bonded with the ward! When they came home we overheard Sister An and Sister Patty talking about the temple and wanting to go. We were ECSTATIC!

Sister An (the other one who is 18) got baptized on Sunday! She is amazing! She wants so badly to keep all the commandments to a tee! The faith of the people here really strengthens my faith. Later that Sunday one of our former investigators randomly showed up at to church with her friend. She told us that she has no time to learn but her friend does. So we taught the friend (Carrot) and she wants to be baptized!

Sunday night we usually eat dinner at Pa and Ma's house! We made a plan to share a really spiritual thought and sing a song. We were all a little nervous because we know they have been questioned about the gospel before. At the end I just bore my testimony. I started to tear up because I love them so much and I know this is what they need! We all bore our souls to them. I don't know how much it helped but the Spirit was definitely there. We could all feel it!

This week I have been studying about the sons of Mosiah. They have become my new favorite scripture heroes! They are just so cool! Every morning this week I was so excited to study and read more about them! They really inspire me to be a better missionary! The reason they inspire me so much is because they truly have the characteristics of Christ! They had so much faith in the Lord; they were repentant; they trusted in the Lord; they had JOY; they prayed continually; they were selfless; they were patient; they were bold; they had charity; they taught with power and confidence; they showed gratitude and used the scriptures'; they led by example, I could go on and on! Because they had these Christ like characteristics, God was able to work miracles through them! I think about how the Lamanites were so deep into iniquity, they were people who delighted in bloodshed and transgression! BUT the gospel changed them 100% to the point where they became a people who sacrificed their lives because of their love for God and his children and because of their hatred against sin! I think the reason why I love these stories so much is because I see the same thing happening here every day! People are changing themselves because of the gospel! I think of my RC Satabon. When I first met him he laughed when we told him that he is a child of God. He delighted in sin...but over time the gospel changed him! I got a call a couple days ago from the Sisters in Bangnaa and they told me that Brother Satabon bore his testimony at Book of Mormon class. She said that he just started to cry because of his gratitude and love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ!

I testify that this gospel can change anyone! I have seen it over and over again. I now really understand what Ammon said in verse 35, "Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name."   "Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the {khon thai's}, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work."

HAVE A GREAT WEEK, LOVE YOU ALL!!!
- Sister Herrmann
Talking to everyone! 
June is going on a mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment