June 2, 2015

6/1/15 - Making my will become His will (& transfers)

It was a crazy week and my life has been turned upside down! I am now 20 years old. We threw some eggs off the roof (a tradition here to celebrate by leaving regrets behind), and had some yummy birthday dinner and then after English class they threw me a surprise party! I love the members and our investigators here all so much!!! There was cake and presents and confetti and so many people I love! It was an amazing birthday. Saying goodbye to them was really hard, ESPECIALLY my companion! I am going to miss Sister Forte so much!

I got the transfer call on Monday. I found out that I was going to be moving and training a native Thai. BUT my companion will be in the MTC in the Philippines for the next 3 weeks so I will be in a threesome for the next 3 weeks. To be honest, I was really freaked out about serving in Asoke which is the big, main city in Bangkok and all of Thailand. It is like NYC or Tokyo. We have 2 sister areas here in Asoke so I will have to watch over my area as well as one I am not serving in. I am still STL (Sister Training Leader). It is a little stressful but I can do it! I get to serve with the AP's and the office Elders and close to President Senior for his last month. ALSO I get to welcome in the new mission President! It will be an interesting transfer and I am excited. Asoke is a whole new world. There are so many crazy people, I LOVE IT! The downside is that everything is so expensive! All there is to eat is American food. I can’t believe I see that as a negative now--how things change! The members are great! There are a lot of YSAs here which is a lot of fun AND my good friend Sister News works at the office so I will see her all the time! We ride the MRT about 10 times a day and every Sunday I get to take the sacrament twice and go to 6 hours of church (Thai ward and International ward)! YAY!!

At first I did not want to stay in Bangkok or be in a threesome. I prayed so hard that my will would become His will. "Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness." "For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;" After reading those I had the strongest impression that this exactly where I need to be…I am not exactly sure why but I know that God has a purpose for me being here. "And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will." After this amazing realization I understood again--this mission is NOT about me. I came here to serve the Lord and this is what he wants me to do! "Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." So I learned a lot this week, I am so grateful that I get to learn this lesson again and again.

My first day here we taught this guy named Lod and his girlfriend Ploy. They are amazing and have been so prepared by the Lord. They remind me of a cute 50's couple. Lod got baptized this Sunday and Ploy is getting baptized next Sunday! I am so excited for them and can't wait until they get married in the new Thailand temple! On Sunday lots of our investigators showed up with their family members which is so GREAT!

I am really excited for everything that is going to happen here in Asoke! This place is going to blow up with baptisms and a new stake!!! Love you all have a great week!!!

-Sister Herrmann

PS. I got my death papers (information about my release). I want to die that I have to die!!


No comments:

Post a Comment