June 9, 2015

6/8/2015 - Lod & Ploy = Awesome!

It has been such an amazing miracle filled week! I’m reminded of how important obedience is when earlier in the week three 20 year old sister missionaries were running through the busiest streets of Bangkok, in skirts, trying to catch the public transportation to make it home by 9:00 pm! I thought to myself how funny/weird/awesome missionary work is! AND why do we do this? Because the Lord asked it of us. I just can't even tell you how good it feels when we are obedient to Heavenly Father. It’s so hard to really describe the feeling but I love it!! This week we had MLC and zone trainings. Sister Nethercott and I found out that we would be STL’s over 2 zones. We had lots of fun going around to all the zones and districts in Bangkok East and West!

We had 2 baptisms this Sunday! Brother Kitty got baptized which was amazing! And his mother came and after the baptism she started to cry because she felt the spirit that was there! It was amazing. Sister Ploy also got baptized. Ploy and Lod are dating and they are some of my favorite people in the whole wide world!! To sum it up in a sentence, Lod got baptized last week, then this Sunday he received the Holy Ghost in sacrament meeting, he then got the priesthood during the 3rd hour and then baptized his girlfriend Ploy after church! It was so special! I can't wait to see them both in white again but the next time will be at the temple! They have the most amazing light about them! The cutest thing ever was hearing Lod in the bathroom practicing the baptismal prayer over and over again. I wish you guys could meet them all! Here are some of the things they say so you can understand just a little about how amazing they are and why they inspire me!

"I want to know ALL the standards and rules of this church so I can obey God exactly!"-Ploy
"When I came to meet with you guys the first time I just believed. I knew it was true!"-Lod
(Right after coming out of the font)” I feel like I have this responsibility to fulfill! I know that throughout my life I am preparing to meet God! I need to get to work!"- Ploy
"I just know that with the priesthood I am going to be able to help serve my God!" - Lod

Ploy was telling me that she gave up this huge modeling deal because it went against the standards of God. They pray and read every night together and are always discussing the teachings of Christ! I am impressed by them and feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to teach them!!

It is funny because this week in MLC (mission leadership conference) we got assigned to read the talk, “Bearing our Burdens with Ease" which just happened to be the topic of my farewell talk at the MTC one year ago! After studying it again and having been on my mission for a while I got something completely different out of it. I learned that we literally need trials to keep us going spiritually! I understand that if I hadn't had the trials that I had in my life I would not be the person I am today. So today I am grateful for my trials. Even though they are hard I have learned so much from them and my relationship with my Heavenly Father is better and deeper. Even though my trials make me tired, they do not make me weary. "We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;" I know God will always be there for us to rely on him and he will strengthen us. "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes."

Have a great week everyone!!
- Sister Herrmann

PS-  This morning was so amazing... I was walking to the internet cafe and all of a sudden a familiar face pops up and I ran to her and we embraced with the biggest hug! It was Prim from Sisaket!! She started crying & I started crying! Oh my goodness, I love these people! Also, remember when I hurt my foot and couldn’t wear closed toe shoes, well my toenail just fell off. It hurts but I was not really sure what to do so I just put some gauze over it and called it good. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment