July 30, 2015

7/27/15 - Back to Sisaket for a visit!

I am only on for a couple minutes today and then I am off to ride elephants! But there are lots of pictures this week!

Many amazing things happened this week! First off I got to go to Sisaket on a switch off. I felt like I was back at home! I LOVE Sisaket! I remembered every street and every street vendor. We got to visit all my favorite people! Lots of tears and lots of love! I got to teach my recent converts and the less actives that I was working with a year ago. It was a very rewarding day for me to see the growth of the people that I have helped come unto Christ. The best part of the day though was seeing my very first RC who is now 100 years old. She is one special woman. As soon as I walked in the door, her face lit up and a tear ran down her face. Hundreds of tears were running down mine. She said, “Kab Khun Lielie” over and over again ("thank you" in the Esan language). She remembered me and her baptism. She remembered it to the day - October 12th 2014. She said she wants nothing more than to live with her family for eternity, and she will be able to:) I never thought I was going to see her again in this life. It was such a little tender mercy of the Lord. Those members of Sisaket are very very special people to me. They are nothing less than family to me.

We got to do some service at a member’s house. It was a very humbling experience. I got to cut open 3 coconuts at 3 different times this week (I have this obsession with getting coconuts from coconut trees!!). I caught a frog, I plowed weeds, I fixed a house, and I made some somtum. I love serving! I also had an amazing inviting experience! We had less than an hour and all I wanted was to get 5 phone numbers. I prayed my soul out. I worked harder than ever before and at the end of that 45 minutes I got exactly 5 numbers. I know this sounds silly but it was just a testimony to me that God is in the details IF we put in our effort. One day we went to go visit a member and it took a long hour and a half car ride to get there.

This week I have been working so hard on consecrating myself. I have been stressing out by wondering if I have done enough or what else I could have done more. I only have this year and a half to give Him 100% consecration. There is no other time in my life that I will get this opportunity to devote everything (my thoughts, time, energy) to my God! I just want God to know how much I love him. And my consecration is the way to show him! BUT I am human and fall short sometimes. I decided these next 3.5 months I am going to work harder than I ever have! “Stick to you task till is sticks to you. Beginners are many but enders are few”. I am going to sprint to the finish. I love my God. I love my Savior. I know that no matter how hard things get in life, I will never be left alone or comfortless. All I want in this life is to be a valiant faithful servant of God.

Hope you guys had fun at the family reunion. I really am sad I missed it. I Love you all soooo much!
-Sister Herrmann

Me and Sister Hayes having a BLAST taking pictures at the wat! 
Service at a members house!
My 100 year old convert. I love her!
Pictured Below: SISTER RIBBON & TUN! SISTER GIG- My RC!BROTHER NOOY, SISTER SOMKID, SISTER MYURY, SISTER YOOOOOOO, MAAA DAW (We surprised her and the moment I entered in the house she screamed and hugged me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment