July 8, 2015

7/6/15 - Is this a dream?

I LIVE IN THAILAND! Even though I have lived here for almost a year I still wake up every morning and say to myself, "I get to live in Thailand…I speak Thai…I am preaching the Gospel…Is this a dream???" I love being a missionary in Thailand!

This week we invited at a lot of different parks and markets. As I walked down the streets inviting everyone to come unto Christ I was just in awe at how good God is. We went from the most beautiful parks in the world to the coolest ghetto markets ever and no matter where we were God had people prepared to hear the gospel!

This week we had a couple of setbacks with investigators who were not progressing. BUT when one door closes another door opens. After anxiously working our tails off and praying with faith we have 4 new investigators. All of these new investigators seem so so so sincere especially Brother Man. I invited Brother Man about 4 weeks ago but he wasn't really free to meet. He called us this week and told us that he has been thinking about changing religions for a while now. We met with him a couple times this week and in every lesson the spirit was just so strong!!! It is a miracle that we invited him!! Recently I have had a hard time NOT inviting. Hahah, as I walk past people I think, "This person could be the next relief society president" or "This person's life can be changed if she is invited!!" So now if I ever miss one person I feel so guilty!! I don't know if that is a bad thing or a good thing!

This week I have had so many great experiences that have lead me to a deeper understanding of the love of God! I want to testify that I KNOW God’s love is real!! I have felt it myself, but more than that I have felt his love for others! I feel it when I talk to the homeless mother sitting on the side of the road grasping her daughter to block out the noise. I feel it for the little fragile grandma who lives in a little dirt shack who smiles from ear to ear because we came to share a thought with he. I feel it for the boy who is mentally disabled and just starts to glow when we walk in the room. I feel it for my investigator who just lost his whole family and is coping with hope. I even feel it for the people who reject me time and time again. I know that God loves every single one of his children. I don't just know but I have felt it too!! I am so grateful that God has let me feel a little of his love for his children.

"No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

This past week President and Sister Senior left the mission. I was present when both the “Presidents” were together for a couple hours. It was amazing, you could feel the keys being handed over. It strengthened my testimony of the priesthood power. So cool! It was sad saying goodbye to the Seniors but I know that God has chosen President and Sister Johnson for this mission at this time! I already feel so close to them! They are the sweetest, kindest couple ever! I am so excited to work with them!!!

LOVE you all, have a great week!!
- Sister Herrmann
Special lunch for President Senior. I got to eat Lasagna and I about died! I miss cheese! 
Pday at Lumpini Park biking on the pond :)



I got a package from home!
Walking through markets chillin with pig heads and other gross things
Paa and Maa taking us for dinner then buying us food for the next day. I love them.

Meeting sister Johnson
OH MY GOODNESS I AM GOING TO MISS SISTER BLACK! I love my sisters of the mission! 
Kwan my BFF from bangnaa came and visited me
I love DukDuks!
Visiting with a member's son
4th of July! I love America!
4 baptisms on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment