January 13, 2015

1/12/15 - I got to hold a tiger & a monkey- no big deal :)

This week was interesting...good but interesting! I’ll start with p-day last week which was the best day ever!!! As a group of missionaries we went to the crocodile farm and got to watch elephant and crocodile shows. We were able to play at the zoo and feed the crocodiles. The best part was that I GOT TO HOLD A TIGER AND A MONKEY! My dreams came true!! It was so much fun!!

This week we had some highs and some lows or rather miracles and trials of our faith. I will start with the bad and go to the good. On Wednesday I went to the hospital in Asoke and the doctor diagnosed eczema all over my head and neck. It is OK because they gave me medicine and it will hopefully go away soon! A lot of our investigators were not progressing so we had to move on. It is the worst!! We went over to one of our investigator’s apartment the other day and we figured out that he breeds rats for a living! Kind of weird but we still love him! Our favorite guy, Tongchay, decided to go to church with his daughter at the protestant church. It broke our hearts but we just have to remember that God has a plan. (I am guessing he is going to go there and not feel the same spirit and realize the difference.) We visited another investigator at his home and found out that his wife and 2 kids died in a plane accident. He watches over his sick mom most of the time! After hearing his story my heart should have been sad but it was happy because I knew that he could live with his family again! I knew that an understanding of the doctrines of the gospel will make him happy. Also we are kind of in a sticky situation because one of our investigators is really opening up to the gospel but SHE has a girlfriend. Soooo, yeah. Lots of people with many different situations. It is crazy how much I love every single one of them!

This week we have been working really hard with Duay! He has been learning with the missionaries for 2 years and is super smart and into science! He is always bringing the big bang theory back into things but the other day we had really spiritual lesson with him. We KNEW he felt the Spirit and he couldn’t deny it! He committed to a baptismal date! Our RC (recent convert) Choo is SO awesome!! It is amazing how much more she understands now that she is baptized and has the Holy Ghost! She comes to all the activities and is just a light to everyone. The other day we celebrated วันเดก here in Thailand which is “Children’s Day”! Everyone gets work off to go hang out and celebrate their kids! I think it is the best holiday ever! On Tuesday night a random girl named Bang showed up for English class! She was early so we taught her about the gospel a little and now she is very interested! We went and visited at her house on Saturday with her mom and family and it was amazing! I just have this vision of them entering the temple in a year!

This year the President really wants us to focus on the family! Hearing this made me so happy! Knowing how much the gospel has helped my family and the knowledge that we get to live together forever makes me so much more excited to share it with others! In the bible dictionary it says, “Through the gospel of Jesus Christ the family can be sealed together in a permanent relationship for time and all eternity!" I also love what it says in PMG, "The most important of the Lord’s work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." The gospel teaching that I received in my home from my family is my most valuable knowledge and experience! Without it I would not be the person I am today! I see it here in Thailand as well. The families who teach the gospel in their homes and apply it are so much happier!! By teaching and living the gospel in our families we receive--peace, joy, a sense of belonging and identity, and it helps resolve misunderstandings, contention, and challenges. Families can be healed through the atonement of Jesus Christ! Applying the gospel in our families is based on the principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome activities. I know 100% that all those FHE's, family prayers and family scripture studies, not only made my family close but has made me a better person. I am forever grateful for my family and all the spiritual strength I receive from them! So even though FHE, family scripture study and family prayer is hard at times and can involve complaining and arguing PLEASE STICK WITH IT! You will be grateful in the end!

I love this gospel and am so grateful to be a missionary! Have a great week! LOVE YOU ALL!
- Sister Herrmann

Coolest experience! 
I love monkeys! 
Feeding the alligators
Our favorite chicken - and we are matching.
News and I waiting at church for the bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment