January 20, 2015

1/19/15 - We won the battle against Satan!

Wow, I can't believe this really is the last p-day of the transfer. It went by so so so fast!! A lot of good things happened this week but I will only mention a couple of them! One of the highlights was going on a switch off with the STC which was so fun! Since Sister Morgan doesn't really like carbs at all we decided to make the most of eating things she won’t eat. So we went crazy and got McDonalds, pizza, and all this yummy food which was SO FUN!

We now are teaching 4 investigators who have a different lifestyle. It is so fun and entertaining to teach them. I know God loves them so much! We have a new investigator named Moses who is so cool! He reminds me so much of Simon in Sisakate!!! Our cute Bang and So are just progressing like crazy! I love them so much!

This week we won a battle against Satan! We had 2 baptisms on Sunday!!! We had Duay who had been learning for 2 years with many different missionaries! He has come such a long way and now knows this church is true. His testimony after was beautiful! We also had Sister Kwan! She is one of my new best friends! She is so cute and has been learning for 4 years!!! On Tuesday we had a lesson with her and she said the best words a missionary could ever hear, "It is time for me to be baptized. I am ready." She was just glowing!! I am so grateful for both of them and their decision to make this covenant with God.

One scripture that I have been sharing a lot with our investigators is Moroni 10:32. I am obsessed with that scripture! It outlines the exact meaning of repentance and the atonement! [ Yea come unto Christ and be perfected in him and deny yourself of all ungodliness (Repentance) ] and then you add in 2 Nephi 25:23 [for we know that it is by grace we are saved after all we can do (try our best, put in some effort) ] and then [then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God. (atonement) ] I love these scriptures and find them so comforting.

This week my studies have been amazing! I am starting the BOM over again and it amazes me all the new stuff I find that applies so perfectly to every situation! I love Nephi! He is so cool! Another thing I have been studying is virtue! Virtue is so much more than having morally clean thoughts. In PMG it says, "Virtuous people are clean and pure spiritually. They focus on righteous and uplifting thoughts." It is so easy to be annoyed and angry about something and then dwell on it and have it turn all your thoughts negative. Being virtuous means focusing on the good and on the positive! I have noticed when I focus on these things it is so much easier to LOVE. I am so grateful for this mission and all that I am learning and becoming! I LOVE YOU ALL! Have a great week!

- Sister Herrmann

No comments:

Post a Comment