January 6, 2015

1/5/15 - I feel like Ammon!

Not much has happened in the past few days but I feel like the Lord is really testing my faith as well as my companion’s right now! We have so many great investigators and Satan is working really hard to distract them and pull them away from the truth! But we know God’s power is stronger so we just have to trust the Lord.

This past week I have really felt Christ's mercy and love. As we were teaching our investigators this weekend I could feel it. I could feel him telling me how much he loved these people! I could feel the scripture in Alma, "A Shepherd hath called after you and is still calling after you!" I think this is the reason missionary work is the hardest and the most rewarding thing I will ever do. Feeling the love God has for his children is the best. Seeing people reject that offered love of the Savior is literally like a stab to the heart and you just want to weep for them! But when people accept it, there is not a better feeling! I feel so strongly that the Savior is waiting for us with his arms extended! He is ready for us to grab on and partake of His grace, mercy and atonement!

As a missionary I feel like Ammon when he is talking in Alma 26:35-37 " ...yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name... for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo... Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." God loves and knows everyone of us personally and through his mercy we can all be saved! There is no greater joy than that!

Well, I am off for another big week! Today for p-day we are going to the crocodile farm which will be fun! Thanks so much for all the love and support you have sent my way!!! Have a great week!!

- Sister Herrmann
The 3-headed elephant & beach for P-Day with Brother Wisan and his daughters on New Years Day!
The awkward moment when you sit down to take a picture with your companion and 30 people run up to us to get pictures with us!! We told them "if you go to church you can take a picture with us!"
Sister News and I trying to be like hipsters! 
A guy bought us free drinks when we were contact on Sunday but we had to throw them in the trash because they were green tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment